Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Essential Oils Update

We are going on about a year of using doTerra essential oils.  I have to say this has been one of the best, and neatest things I've tried in my life.  I feel everything I've used has had some sort of impact, and I've learned a lot, and also just appreciate what an oil can do. 

Over the past 6 months, we've had limited sicknesses (mins Cora's influenza B, but I can say using the oils during that week with her, I feel she stayed pretty steady with that illness and didn't getting any worse)... so I don't know 100% if the oils technically helped, but continuing them through that week, didn't hurt anything.  


These are our 'go-to' oil blends that we use on a daily basis - complete routine now, and I'm a routine person!


Allergy Blend --- lavender, lemon and peppermint

  • We use this every morning, and sometimes at night as well.  I haven't taken an Allegra is over 8 months!!!  This is huge for me... especially now with this random (hot, humid, chilly, nice weather that we have!)  I put this on the backs of my ears and sometimes my wrists, depending on if I feel more 'itchy' than normal.  The kids get this behind their ears as well, every morning.  By far the best blend I've found.
Immunity Blend --- OnGuard, oregano, lemon, Frankincense, Breathe, Melaluca
  • This is just an overall 'fight germs off' blend/immune boost.  We now use this in a roller - I roll on the bottom of the kids' feet every night before bed, then sometimes I'll roll it on their backs if we are going to have a busy day/be around a lot of people. 
Respiratory Support --- Breathe, Frankincense, and Peppermint
  • this is a great blend for when you are stuffed up.  I apply this to chest and back, then also inhale it as well.  Seems to really relax your nostrils!  ha.
Diffuse ---
  • This is another thing that is a constant in our home.  Whether I just want to get a 'smell' out, or just have a fresh smell in our home... or fight off some germs or allergies - we almost always have the diffuser going.  The kids have diffusers in their rooms, as well as Ryan and I.  
  • Diffuser blends we use often:
    • Allergy blend - lavender, lemon and peppermint
    • Breathe - just smells so good in my opinion!
    • Bergamot & Lavender - GREAT bedtime blend
    • Cedarwood & Lavender - another GREAT bedtime blend
Here are the two diffusers we use:
From doTerra

From amazon.com

Let me know if you are interested in anything!  In my opinion, it's worth a shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment