Thursday, June 9, 2016

Essential Oils Update

Well, it's been about 2 months of using doTerra essential oils... and I personally am really liking them. 

This is what we have been using:
Allergy Blend --- lavender, lemon and peppermint

  • using in a spray bottle and spraying on our necks every morning (sometimes at night as well, if we feel itchy).  I personally haven't taken an Allegra in over 2 weeks!!!!   The weather has been good (not humid), so the true test will be this coming 4/5 days when the humidity rockets up.  We'll see how I do.  But regardless, the kids are using it and it seems to help.  
Immunity Blend --- OnGuard, oregano and lavender
  • This is just an overall 'fight germs off' blend.  Using this in a spray bottle as well.  I have been spraying this on my feet every morning.  But I spray it on the kids at bedtime (on their necks).  Knock on wood - we haven't been sick!!  At first the oregano was a really strong smell, but I think we are all used to it now!  I like it!
Breathe/Lavender Blend
  • I've been told this is just a good respiratory blend to use - for stuffiness, colds, coughs, or just perking up your breathing.  I've also been told this can reduce snoring.  Ryan snores terrible - to the fact that I typically am on the couch every night.  But the nights he does put this on his chest, the snoring is either non-existent, or very quiet.   
  • I use this in a roller - can use on chest, neck or feet.  Cora likes to roll this on her feet.  She has had a flemmy cough the past couple days...  so she's been using that more this week.
Diffuse --- anything and everything!
  • Everynight the kids' diffusers are on in their rooms and brewing some sort of oil
    • Lavender alone, to just relax them
    • OnGuard alone - we like the smell and it'll just kick that immunity stuff
    • Breathe alone - again, love the smell and it's good to just help with breathing
  • Almost every night I'll have the main diffuser on in our living room, again I'll just have a mix of random things in there...  I've used lemon alone to just make a smell go away, or peppermint helps with mood.
That's what we are using now...  I've been doing a little more research on other oils to try, but haven't bought any 'new' ones.  I love it, and so far so good.  Sometimes, I do think we (well I) am crazy for trying this, but it's natural, and some of the smells are great.  I do see that the allergy blend seems to work, so I'm going to keep at it.  
 
More to come I'm sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment