Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Arizona family visits Iowa!

Several months ago, my cousins, Jacqui and Kellie messaged Trish and I - "We are coming to visit this summer!!!"  I was ecstatic... I love them.  We don't see them often, as they are in AZ.  And we just have so many good memories from growing up, and now we have different/busy lives - it is great to make new memories.  

Jacqui and Kel's parents (Aunt Caroyl (My Mom's twin sister) and Uncle Rick) were driving here as well...  they wanted to see us, and Mom.  Mom continues to get bad, so it was really important that they saw her (even though she had no idea who they were, or why they were here).  This breaks my heart, all of our hearts.  

Anyway, they arrived in Cedar Rapids (flew in there) on Saturday afternoon.  The kids and I headed over to CR Sunday after church.  Ryan originally was going to be out of town, but that changed last minute... but still wasn't able to get away with us on Sunday.  Our drive was ok... Cora had a hard time, lots of yelling and just not happy.  She was tired, but was fighting it.  Finally, she rested for about 30 minutes.  SIGH.  

We arrived, and joined our other cousins, Monette and her hubby Gary, daughter Shanna, and my Aunt Di and Uncle Mort, as well as Trish and Eden met us over there.   We went to a petting park and walked around, let the kids play at the playground... the weather was actually beautiful.   We instantly jumped in and had such a nice time.  Monette and Gary hosted all of us at their house so we could visit and hang out, have supper.  Cora became best friends with Jacqui's little guy, Derick.  He's about 14 months old.  She just loved him, it was pretty sweet.  

Sunday night kids, myself, Trish and Eden went to our hotel - crammed all 5 of us in!!!  We hit up the pool at 9pm (Mom of the year right here!!!), swam for about 30 minutes, then we all crashed.  Monday morning we got up, had a quick breakfast then headed over to Clarion.  We had a good drive this time... the kids were pretty good/they were happy - thanks to electronics!  We made one quick stop to get gas and a snack.  

We got to Clarion, and we went to Jill's to hang out with them.  Jill made us lunch, and we just sat and visited.  Eventually we went to Tricia's to get unloaded, and Cora took an awesome nap, which was great.  More just hanging out... then we all met up with the AZ gang, and more cousins, plus Mom and Dad.  We just gathered at the church - easy, big space.  We ordered pizza in, and just hung out.  It was a great time.  We then pushed it a little (I guess I did), and went out to the lake to do a bonfire...  it was super nice, but my kiddos were just exhausted.  I felt bad.  

Tuesday was more just hanging out with everyone...  the weather was kind of random - hot, then rain, then cool, then more rain, then hot.  Ryan made the trip up for the day, which was super nice...  everyone was asking about him, so I'm hoping he had a good time.  We gathered again at the church.  It was just a really nice day.  

Kids, Ryan and I headed back to DSM Tuesday night.  I was sad to leave, but also ready to be home in our own beds.  :)  We had such a good time... and I pray that my kiddos remember these memories and how special our family is, and how lucky we are.  

Here are some pics from my phone...  




LOVE.


"That little boy" is what Cora called him - Derick. 
Reading to Derick.
Fun at the playground. 



Playing "Spot It" with Lindsay and Kellie



with Monette.



Mo, Jill, Trish, me, Jac, Kels

Cora was less than interested in pics!


with Aunt Caroyl = sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment