Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Kayson - Behavior (Update)

Well, it's been almost two weeks since Kayson's 'problems' at school - the interrupting, blurting out and distracting the class. 

Over the last week or so, he has said that things are going well.  "I had a good day Mom."  Great.  Love it.  But being the Mom I am...  I checked in with Mrs. Turner. 

Her response:
from last week:  Kayson is doing a wonderful job of being respectful on the carpet by listening the whole time, getting started right away and continuing that behavior in the hallway.  So proud of his progress today.

from today:  Kayson is doing great and is really focused on making good choices. Thank you so much for being so supportive this year and I am so proud to be his first grade teacher.  It has been an amazing journey watching him grow. 


Done.  Checked off.  
Good.  This makes me feel good/better. 

So...  we still have 4 more weeks, but I think we are on the right track.  Kayson for sure knows his behavior earlier is not called for.  We are still doing more reading at night, he still doesn't have his iPad... and I hope we can continue the good behavior through summer.  :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment