Sunday, November 15, 2015

Weekend

Yet again, the weekend is over.  I was just talking to Martina earlier - and she said the same thing I was thinking -- "I'm so mad the weekend is over and we have to go back to work!!!!"  

Friday:
Ryan and I had dinner plans with our friends, Colleen and Mike.  Just a quick plug - Colleen and I have been friends for about 15 years - we met through an old friend... then I met Ryan through Colleen and her first husband.  We hit it off, and haven't skipped a beat since.  Like Lacey - Colleen and I have been through, well - you name it.  We have supported each other through some really crappy times, and held each other up through even worse times... but in the end, we've always smiled and laughed things off.  Our new saying is - "God will handle it."  And that's so true...  Anyway, we had dinner with them - again, it took us planning this at least 3 months ago!!!  But it stayed on the calendar and we had such a great time.  Dinner and that's it - that's all we needed.  Perfect night. 

Saturday:
We started our day pretty early...  hanging out, and did a quick lunch out.  Ryan, his Dad, along with 4 others headed over to Iowa City for the night game around 1ish.  I put Cora down for a rest, Kayson and I just hung out, played a little.  Once Cora was up, we ran to Lowe's.  I've been wanting a Christmas tree for the basement... so we picked one out, and then headed to Carter's/OshKosh.  That little girl --- ya know the one that ruins her shirts?!  Well I picked up a few more long sleeve tops for her... maybe we'll make it til Christmas!!  

We headed back home and played some more...  Cora really used her imagination all day long, which was great!  One example --- she was taking her baby dolls to the swimming pool.  They got their swim suits on, and so did she.  She put her bikini over her regular clothes.  It was hysterical.  

Then the kids and I grabbed supper out, then back home for a movie and popcorn night.  I couldn't figure out the DVD player in the basement - Kayson didn't have much patience for that!!!  So in the end, we picked 101 Dalmatians which was on Netflix.  It all worked out!  ha.  It was a great movie, the kids did awesome for me... and they went to bed great too!

Meanwhile - the Hawks were winning!!  a 10-0 record for us and the guys (and me) were so excited!!  It's so neat!  Ryan got home super late --- 1:22 am is when I heard him.  YUK.  But home, safe and sound. 

Sunday:
Church was had... then Ryan started putting Christmas lights on the house.  We've literally talked about this for years, and something came over him this year - and he did it.  I'm not going to say it was a smooth situation... there was cussing, an additional run to Lowe's and some grumpiness from him, but in the end - it looks awesome!!  GOOD JOB RYAN!!!!  In the middle of that - he had to stop (which might have leaned toward the grumpiness!) for family pictures.  :)  put your smile on, right?!?!?!  20 minutes of smiling and we were done - Harmless right?!  We should have some good ones... and some obnoxious ones of Cora - man, she's a treat.  

Overall - another nice weekend...  the holidays are around the corner.  It's crazy to think that!!!




See...  swimsuit over her clothes - oh AND the boots!
Loaded up with our new Christmas tree!!!
Movie and popcorn!
so sweet.
NICE JOB HONEY!

No comments:

Post a Comment