Sunday, November 8, 2015

Cora May

I wanted to do a quick update on Miss Thing.  Oh Cora - she's still a challenge, and still has a very demanding personality...  but a heart of gold.  
  • I can say she's 90% potty trained.  She's doing really well at school - really only one accident that I can think of, over the past 5 weeks-ish.  She's doing much better at home as well... and in public.  We now do underwear when we go out - church, errands, supper, etc.  So far so good.  
  • With the potty training - whenever we are out to eat - the girl HAS to potty, no matter what.  The other night she needed to go 3 (THREE) times within an hour.  Grrr...  BUT - we can't tell her no, cuz we don't want an accident!  I'll be glad when we are over that stage!
  • She continues to hate it when it's Ryan's turn to read at night time.  However, once she's in there, she's perfectly fine.  It's a show.  I also find it sweet as ever when I hear her say, "Good night Daddy, I love you. See you in the morning."
  • She wants to be just like Kayson - tells us a lot that she'll be old like Kayson soon and do all the things he does.   
  • She now loves Dora.  We have found that she will sit through Dora cartoons!  YEA!!!  I can typically get something done for 20 minutes!
  • She's funny - and still talks all the time.
    • Talks all the time in the car - has a huge imagination.  She'll tell us about school friends, or friends of Kayson's (like she really knows them).
    • She showed us the other night how to get food out of her teeth with her tongue.  Yes.  Ryan asked where she learned that.  "I just knew it Dad."  Really?!
    • She continues to pick at Kayson.  Anything that Ryan or I say - she immediately repeats it...  usually telling or asking Kayson something.  She's a copy cat!
    • BOSSY.  Oh my goodness - she tells us all what to do all the time.  I appreciate a fiesty, know-what-she-wants type of girl... but not at 3.  She's not the boss.  
  • Cora is definitely a princess, but also a little bit of a tom-boy.  She's tough, even though she cries a lot.  ha.

Here are a few recent pics of her.   

Love that sweet face.



Her crown says "Queen Cora"
Who doesn't wear snow-boots and gloves inside while changing baby doll?!
Playing with Matchbox cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment