Sunday, November 29, 2015

Christmas 2015 #1 (St. Joe, MO)

Yeppers...  that's right - our first Christmas is in the books.  Crazy huh!?  We've started the tradition of doing our Christmas with Aunt Maagie first (I believe we used to do this in January... and we either had trouble with weather or it just being brutally cold).  Last year we shifted to the end of November, and this year too.  It's worked out pretty well.  

We headed to St. Joe Saturday morning...  went through a drive-thru for lunch, and just kept on driving.  We got to the hotel with everyone else... and hung out for awhile.  Then we went bowling!  I think it was mostly for the kiddos (rather than making them stay at a hotel for hours on end!)... and it worked out great, they had a blast and so did us adults.  Good fun.  

After that, we ordered pizza in at the hotel, then there were a few Christmas gifts from Aunt Maagie and Jimmy & Diana.  Always spoiling those kiddos...  nice to have that extra family love them so much.  We just had a nice time visiting and trying to keep the kids quiet.  Ha - nearly impossible.  :)  

We got everyone to bed... then shortly after, Ryan and I hit the sack too.  Much to my surprise, I'm still awake tonight...  I literally hardly slept at all in the hotel.  I saw every hour, sometimes every 30 minutes.  I scrolled through Pinterest from 3:50 am til about 4:30 am.  No lie.  As I laid there... listening to Ryan snore and sleep so well!!!  and watch Cora toss and turn.  DRIVE ME CRAZY!?!?!?  It was a terrible night for me.  I sure wish I could sleep better at other places...  :(

This morning we got up and had hotel breakfast... then got on the road.  

What seemed like the longest drive ever, we got home around 1:40, Cora took a rest... I started laundry... Kayson wanted quiet time...  I got groceries and picked up Murphy from the kennel... and made supper.  Seriously - non stop.  

We had a great time seeing Aunt Maagie and Jimmy & Diana.  Someday we'll all be able to sit and have adult conversations while the kids play nicely... or scroll through their phones.  ha.  Someday!

These three.  LOVE.
Cheering on Daddy and Uncle Ryan!
She did pretty darn good... then she lost interest after the first game.
Silly.  (we glow!)
He did so well!!!!
With Aunt Maagie.

Cora got some real makeup... she tested it out!!!  Purple lips and messy!
Goofballs.

No comments:

Post a Comment