Sunday, May 31, 2015

Weekend -- Garage Sale & Basement

My weekend started Thursday around noon...  My work had a team outing at the I Cubs Thursday afternoon.  I attended that - was great weather for about 2 hours, then it quickly started getting cooler, and started to sprinkle.  I was out immediately!  ha.  No fun for me!

I headed home... got the kids...  loaded up a few things, then down to Nikki's for our garage sale Thursday night.  For those two hours, we did great!  I sold quite a bit just that night, so I was pleased!  I had the kids with me, since Ryan was out of town, but he was heading back that night... 

Friday was a full day of the garage sale...  Kayson was lucky enough to attend a Waukee football camp that morning, so I kept him with me until about 8:45.  Then back to the sale...  we did well, but the afternoon was pretty darn slow.  I got rid of about 80% of my stuff, which was great - we needed it gone!!  I didn't make that much money solely because I was pretty much 'giving it away'!!  :)  CHEAP STUFF MAN!   But it was a good day... and exhausting too! 

Friday night we stuck around home...  Ryan needed to mow, the kids and I played, then Jess and Lex walked over with Presley after Dax was in bed...  we visited with them a little, and Kayson talked us all into a quick game of kickball.  ha... it was fun.  Presley and Cora liked it (for a short bit)!!!   So that was a nice, impromptu couple of hours.

Saturday and Sunday were basement days!  The days to clean it all out - as much as we could.  We did our best to go fast and get stuff handled and not have the kids go crazy (or drive us crazy!!)  We did get a lot done - Ryan worked his butt off.  :)  Finally, Saturday night around 5:00, we headed out to take a break.  We took the kids to play at the mall, and have a quick supper.  Then home... and bed.  Ryan and I continued working in the basement until about 11.  Wiped out I tell ya.  :)

This morning we got up and went to church...  then back to the house.  Groceries were bought, lunch was ate, playing was had... and more basement stuff.  I cleaned the upstairs level as much as I could (meaning - everything is everywhere - either in our living room, in the garage, or in the storage area), and everything is dusty already.  AARRRGGG!!  :)  Anyway, Lex and Eric stopped over to help with two large and very heavy items, so that was taken care of.  Huge thanks to them.   More cleaning, more organizing, more dumping.  

And this is was the basement looks like now.  Amazing. 


This is where the bathroom will go.
Our storage area - packed to the rim!!!
Looking south...  will be a play area, wet bar, desk area and bedroom (by the window)
Looking north...  open family area
More to come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment