Friday, July 8, 2022

Sick sissy

Our little girl has been sick...  not 100% sure if this was the tummy flu or just a nasty virus that really hit her hard. 

Wednesday morning she woke... and within 5 minutes, she had thrown up.  I was completely shocked... as she was too.  The remainder of Wednesday was lots of resting, and a little more throwing up.  She officially stopped throwing up around noon on Wednesday, so that portion was actually short lived, but the rest of the symptoms were tough and lingering. 

Wednesday afternoon, Cora rested for nearly 4 hours...  woke still feeling 'off' and pale, but definitely seemed to be perked up.  It didn't last long... but she was so freaking brave.  (Way more brave than me). 

She slept ALL night Wednesday - actually about 10 hours, so we all thought she would be in the clear.  Unfortunately she wasn't.  So... Thursday - still not throwing up, but so pale, and weak and just not feeling great.  We talked to Aunt Tricia... she suggested that we try food now...  some basics with a little sugar, as her blood sugar may be low.  She had half a piece of toast...  some Gatorade... and that's about it for now.  

Thursday afternoon update - doing better.  Definitely has a pep in her step, but also just wants to chill.  Completely fine with that!  She ate some french fries, drank lots of water, had a couple go-gurts...  and all have stayed 'down'. 

I tell you what... I'm not good with sick kids, just makes me soooo dang nervous.  But I tell you what, Cora is so brave, and will give me a fake smile when I ask, and that'll help me anytime.  ha. 





No comments:

Post a Comment