Monday, May 10, 2021

#4 Aces Tournament/Mother's Day 2021

What a busy weekend...  always is, it seems!

Friday night, we stayed in... which was nice.  Kids played outside for quite a bit.  Ryan and Kayson went fishing for an hour or so.  I enjoyed relaxing.

Saturday, we got to sleep in.  Like really sleep in - we didn't have baseball early, and it was great.  I think I rolled out of bed around 8ish.  That hasn't happened in a long time, and it was great.  :) Our morning consisted of just hanging out...  did some laundry, then got ready.  Kayson had baseball in the cold and wind in the afternoon, while Cora and I headed over to Coralville for a bridal shower for Shanna.  We met Trish, Jill, Hope, Linds and Ash over there, and that was super nice.  Long trip for a quick shower, but we needed to go.  I know Shanna and Monette really appreciated us there, and that's all that matters. 

Meanwhile, K's baseball team didn't do all that great.  A loss and a win...  but what I'm hearing, we totally should have won both.  Of course!  Our kids are just not playing to their potential sometimes, and we can be a great baseball team!!!  

Cora and I got home about 4:45...  then Ryan, K and Ryan's folks got to the house around 6ish... we ordered supper in, and was a nice night.  Cora's allergies were terrible, and she had lost her patience and I had too...  she was a hot mess.  Bed was early. 

Sunday, we got some much needed rain - and it was Mother's Day!  Always a nice day - feeling very thankful for my kids and what we have, but also that tear in my heart missing my Mom.  Gosh I wish she was here.  Unfortunately, the boys lost their first baseball game, so we were done for the day.  We all wish we could stay all day on a Sunday at the fields!! and win a championship!! 

We relaxed Sunday afternoon...  groceries, laundry and playing with Boomer.  It was a nice day. 




Cora and the bride and bridesmaids!!


Love this picture!!!

My babies.

Mother's Day at the fields, getting a rose from my boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment