Sunday, November 29, 2020

Thanksgiving 2020/Long weekend

Thankful to have a super long holiday weekend...  I needed it!  I needed to not have to balance work and the kids at the same time. 

Kids were out of school starting Wednesday...  we did get a little bored, but I took off Wednesday afternoon and hung out with them.  We got some snow so we played outside a little too.  Boomer just freaking loves it!!   

Thursday was Thanksgiving.  Unfortunately, we weren't able to be with our families... however, we did have Mike & JeanAnn over.  We figured they had been somewhat quarantined for awhile, as we had been away from most people too...  that having them in for a couple hours, would be ok.  And it was a nice day.  We ordered from HyVee - they were providing holiday meals, and it was perfect.  WE had enough, plenty, but it was good...  and honestly, nice to be home, and not have to drive anywhere.  

My family did stuff on their own, separately too.  Dad was home alone, which was sad, but he seemed ok.  With Covid, I know he's nervous about being around people, so he chose to stay home.  Hopefully by next year, things will be calmed down and we can see everyone more. 


Other than that, the rest of the weekend was nice.  We put "Christmas" up at the house - both trees, decorating and winter candles were started.  It was a busy day on Friday - and I was POOPED.  I had so many steps in that day...  my back and feet hurt!  I'm old!  But everything looks really nice... 

Saturday and Sunday we just hung out.  Did a few errands here and there.  Ryan took the kids to the Lifetime pool, just to do something different.  I relaxed a lot.  It was good.  











No comments:

Post a Comment