Friday, June 19, 2020

First week with Nanny Hope!

I don't plan on writing something each week that Hope is here, but felt like this first week was big...  we were learning a new routine, we were learning that my kids don't like to listen to Hope when I'm around, and just getting a feel for how things will be. 

This week was pretty good...  we did have a few set backs with the kids.  One day Kayson was a challenge, while Cora was good and played all day with Hope.  Then the next day Cora was a pain because she didn't want to read or do any math.  It's frustrating...  annoying... and embarrassing.  I just want them to be good all the time, which is obviously not an option.  ha. 

Anyway, the expectations of Hope this summer is to basically just keep the kids somewhat busy.  They are required to read and do some sort of math app or book at least 3 or 4 times a week.  Seems pretty simple.  I also don't want them on electronics a ton... but I am realistic... I know it's hard and there's just not much to do (no pools are open, etc.)  So I know it's boring for them, so I get it...  but Hope is a great cousin and they should be able to be creative and figure stuff out!  

Hope and Logan bought a home (super exciting), so they will be staying with us til about the end of July...  and Hope will continue to help out through the end of the summer (or at least until she starts her new teaching position).  It'll be a good summer, and so nice having them here.  I love Hope and Logan so much. 

Here are a few random pictures of the week... 






No comments:

Post a Comment