Tuesday, October 31, 2023

2023 Beggar's Night

I can't believe we are at Halloween already...  that's the start of the 'drop' to Christmas.  The weather is changing - cold and windy, and just the talk of the holidays. I can't believe it. 

Monday night was Beggar's Night for us - always the night before Halloween.  It was a cold night - not windy, but man, it was cold - I think the temp was about 34 degrees.

Cora, Cora A and Kemi from dance gathered and they were off in our neighborhood.  I think they had fun, and tried hard to stay warm. 

Kayson had Ben and Hud over this year...  no costumes, but they helped hand out candy, so that was nice.  Unfortunately, Kayson struggled to stay happy all night.  Like most besties/14 year olds - they give each other a hard time.  And a girl was brought up who Kayson apparently likes - he got embarrassed, and apparently pissed... and he didn't speak the rest of the night.  I was super disappointed, and quite pissed at him too.  I got his friends home, in the quiet - and then quickly yelled at Kayson and put him in his place.  I don't know how this happens, or why - but it's frustrating.  I'm so so mad and embarrassed for his behavior.  I made him apologize, and then I felt like I had to apologize to Lara and Jen. What a mess. 

Anyway, I do have pictures of the beginning of the night, when everyone was happy. 

our Giraffe



with Cora A (Happy Care Bear)


They truly are besties. Good kids.


Happy Care Bear, Giraffe, and Skater Barbie!!


No comments:

Post a Comment