Thursday, August 3, 2023

Summer - Part 4, Sad it's going so fast

This screenshot --- Is exactly how I'm feeling.  June and July flew by... we are now into August, and only 3 weeks away from school starting.  I've been having a little pitty-party for myself lately.  Time is flying... and it hurts my heart.  My kids rarely want to hang out...  Kayson especially.  He's just that kid - that 14 year old that thinks his parents are boring and dumb.  I get it.  He's just changing... and I struggle with that.  

Cora is good...  however, she's changing too.  She's becoming a young lady, right before our eyes, and that, too, kind of just hurts.  I mean I love that we've created beautiful children, but to see them grow up, is a lot.  She's going to be a teen soon...  her body is changing...  her opinions are changing...  I don't want her to lose her silly/sass with us, or anyone else... but it slowly is.  

3 more weeks...  I'm starting to have that guilt feeling that I don't spend enough time with them.  I'm working, yes, I'm home with them, but I need to concentrate on work.  Then when work is done, they are off doing something else, or just don't want to talk.  







No comments:

Post a Comment