Monday, June 12, 2023

2023 CESOD Recital - "Everyday Heroes"

Sunday, June 11 - the famous recital day!

Cora has been busy the last week - rehearsal, wanting to do all the things, and just growing up.  Saturday, unfortunately, she had a terrible allergy attack - miserable all day.  This happens about once every 3 months... and hits her hard.  She was a mess, and crabby all day.  I don't blame her.  

Sunday - allergies were better, but she was not herself.  She wasn't bubbly, she just kind of went through the motions, and definitely wasn't talkative to me.  I worried about her all day.  We had to be at the venue by 10am Sunday - we got all set up in the dressing room, and then it was waiting time (at least for me), her and the dance friends had some warm ups to do, etc. 

Two spectacular shows - noon and 6pm.  The noon show, Cora danced 9 times!  It was a lot, but not compared to some of the other girls! Wow!  But Cora did great - she really did shine, but I could tell she was only 'shining' on stage.  After the show, she still wasn't really herself, she wanted nothing to do with me, and that hurts my heart - a lot.  I try to not take it personally, but I do.  She barely ate anything, which is very frustrating, and scary too.  She just doesn't understand the importance, and me yelling at her does not help. So for the couple of hours in between shows, I stayed away.  I went to my car, and just sat alone...  I was not happy, and worried, but I guess we just fight through those crappy times. 

Show two was great as well - Charlee can really put on a show!  Cora had 4 dances in the second show.  Again, she did well - I really enjoy watching her.  Some of the senior solos were in the second show, and those just blow me away every time.  Lots of tears, and proud moments for those mommas.  Truly so neat. 

We wrapped up about 9:30 or so... and we were home by 10:15.  Tired, crabby, and had to prep for today.  

Next stop - Nationals. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment