Saturday, September 29, 2012

Frustration & Smiles

First.
Frustrations:
1.  I've been trying on 'real' clothes tonight.  We have a small family get together tomorrow in Creston - for some family to meet Cora.  I'd really like to wear regular pants - not maternity, not my black yoga type pants.  Jeans is what I prefer.  I'm having big troubles finding any that will even go over my hips, or a pair that I can button...  without a muffin-top.  It's funny to think back - when I was about 40 weeks, I had gained like 26 pounds I think -- I thought, "that's not terrible, and my body should be good afterward".  Not so much... or at least not yet.  I know, it's only been (almost) 6 weeks, but when I'm nonstop, I would have thought things would be back to (almost) normal.  It's frustrating...  kind of depressing too.  I guess my goal for next week is to really get out and walk (maybe even jog) a little.  I've also got to cut out those damn sweets... and chocolate.  BOO!

2.  Quincy had surgery Friday morning.  Thursday evening I was petting him and he was chewing on his feet (which he does a lot), and I hollered at him and felt a big bump on his leg.  It was a gross, swollen, oozing bump.  I called Friday morning, got him in and they instantly said he needed it removed.  She called it some sort of tumor.  It was removed (and will be sent to a lab for research), and he was sent home Friday evening.  He was groggy and sad.  I felt bad for him.  Now he has to wear this for about 6 to 10 days.  He hates it.  Along with feeling bad for him, that vet bill was out of control = frustrating.


Second.
Smiles:
1.  Kayson, Cora and I were home today... while Ryan and Mike went to the FB game... with a win, thank goodness!  We didn't do much today, which I feel bad, but it's a lot harder to go do fun things (like park, mall, errands) when I have two to tote around, and when trying to figure out when Cora needs to eat, etc.  Anyway, so we stayed in all day... and just hung out.  I did get Kayson to hold Cora for 2 seconds for this picture.  Here's my smiles.



2.  And this makes me laugh.  She looks so uncomfortable, but she's out.  Too cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment