Sunday, June 17, 2018

Hardy Vacation 2018

The time has come and gone already...  we planned a little vacation for ALL of us Hardy's a year ago.  I knew it would come fast... and go by fast.  Totally true. 

Thursday late morning, we all got on the road.  Our drive to Lake Rathbun (Honey Creek Resort) was only about an hour and 45 minutes (but we drove in some hard down pours and stopped once, so it took us a couple hours-ish).  My sisters and dad's drive is about 3 hours-ish.  

We got there first, got settled into our cottage (which was perfect)... and then we just kind of relaxed a little.  Soon enough my sisters and Dad arrived...  they got settled into their cottages, and we were off.  We went to the indoor waterpark Thursday late afternoon... kids loved it and didn't want to leave!  We then went back to our cottage and grilled out - burgers, dogs, tons of sides and tons of laughs.  We just hung out Thursday night around the fire, played bags and Kayson, Ryan, Jeff and Lindsay went fishing for a little bit.  The rest of us hung out, then we also went for a super long walk...  it was a great little night.  



The kids LOVED their bunk beds in our cottage!









The kids both caught fish!!!
Friday we first went to the beach to hang out.  Super hot weather already at 10am!  The kids played in the water, the guys 'sun bathed'!, us big girls played some sand volleyball... super fun morning. 

We were hungry by noon... so we grabbed our lunch at one of the cottages, and cooled off.  Just kind of hung out for a bit.  Then we had rented a pontoon.  So a bunch went on that, then the rest of us went back to the waterpark, but we couldn't play there because someone had an 'accident'.  Gross.  So we went back to the beach for a bit.  Then my kids and Ryan wanted to do the pontoon... don't blame them.  However, I could tell my kids were already so exhausted, but it didn't matter!  :)  They went and had fun and fought through it!  Both kiddos did the tubing... and had a blast.  I stayed off the pontoon, cuz it's just not 'me' - I get nervous, and knew if my kids were there too, I'd be a wreck and I would make it not fun for them!  So I found some shade with Ashley, Sean, Jill and Dad and we visited for a while.  So nice.

Friday night we ate again at our cottage...  and by this night we were all pooped!  Wiped out.  We didn't eat as much, we didn't drink as much... and we were all back to our cottages at like 9pm!  Tired everyone!!   Which is fine.  It was a great full day of fun and memories. 




a picture I will treasure forever.





Saturday:
unfortunately, Kayson and Ryan had to wake early and head back to DSM for a baseball tournament.  This tournament wasn't scheduled earlier in the season, so I thought we were totally set, but Coach added it about 3 weeks ago.  I was so bummed.  Ryan and I both knew K needed to be there, because we had missed Friday's game AND we can't just be missing... we signed up for this, so we are trying to teach him that we follow through will commitments.  I was still bummed about it... 

Basically Saturday morning was packing up and we all met up for breakfast at the restaurant at the resort.  While we were eating, Dad got a call that his dog passed... and it all just put a huge halt and sadness on us all.  I lost my appetite and just felt awful.  Dad was devastated and heart broken.  But he also knew Cocoa was sick, but so sad that he wasn't there.  

After awhile we knew she was up with Mom in heaven, and that made us smile.  Mom LOVED that dog... 

Anyway... we got all packed up and were back on the road about 10:30 Saturday morning.  

We had such a great time... and so did Dad.  We made some good memories, and just really enjoyed each other. We had such a good dynamic with my family - great ages of kiddos, and enough to talk about and laugh about!  It just was great.  We are already talking about doing it again!!  (which makes me SO happy!!!)  we'll have to book it soon though!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment