Sunday, April 15, 2018

Weekend

Well, here we are again... the weekend is over, and it was a crappy, cold, wet, snowy weekend.  I mean seriously!?!?!
Friday:
I can't even remember what we did... must have been riveting.  ha. 
We got terrible news that morning - Ryan's Aunt Niky - her Dad, Mac, passed away unexpectedly.  He had Alzheimer's.  Breaks my heart.  They are such a close family... and the scenario was almost exactly like Mom's. Makes me so sad.

Saturday:
Ryan worked all morning. Kids and I didn't do much in the morning...  a little cleaning, and then a grocery run.  The kids were kind of bored - me too.  But we survived.  Then by the afternoon when all my cleaning and laundry was done - I was bored out of my mind!!!  I wanted to get outside so badly, or do something... but didn't want to spend money, blah blah blah!!!  Long afternoon and evening!

Saturday late afternoon, Kayson went to Carter's house for a birthday party and sleepover.  Cora and I just hung out... but she wasn't totally interested in doing anything with me. Ryan snoozed.  BORING!

We did get out for supper... but again, that's about it.  

Sunday:
We woke to wet, heavy snow!!  Crazy for April 15!  We did church... then home... later this afternoon we drove down to Mt. Ayr for Mac's visitation.  Kayson was tired... and I was a ball of sadness.  I tried just closing my eyes on the way down there...  just sad.  We were able to visit with everyone, which was great... Grandma Janis was there, along with seeing Great Grandma Ann.  The kids did pretty well... Cora asked a lot of questions about Mac and heaven.  She was so sweet... and so curious.  It broke my heart even more.  Niky and her family were aching...  Niky was so close with her Dad, makes me so sad. I just pray that they find comfort somehow.  

We visited about 2 hours...  then back on the road home.  Kayson ended up falling asleep, he was wiped out.  Cora read a couple books, she did pretty well.  

Pizza was ordered... and bed early.  I'm exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment