Friday, April 13, 2018

MercyMe (with Tenth Avenue North) concert

Before Christmas, I had heard that MercyMe was going to be in DSM... and I instantly thought of Colleen (who has a huge love for the Christian band too), and asked her to go with me. 

Last night was the night...
We got our kids to their activities, and we met for a quick supper, then we were off to Wells Fargo Arena.  And there was a TON of people there... we both were expecting a crowd, but man - that place was packed.  And for good reason... both bands are amazing, amazing songs, amazing vocalists, amazing stories.  God was there with us...  and as I write this, it seems like God has really come up in my life lately!  Which I'm thankful for. 

Tenth Avenue North opened... and man, they are awesome too. Thinking they need their own show!  They are more of a 'rock' band, and they kicked butt!  ha.  Can I say that about a Christian concert?!?!

And MercyMe came on... and along with their songs and stories, Bart (lead singer), talked with us and did a little preaching... and I tell you what, there were moments where there was not a dry eye in the arena!  Sooooo moving.  So touching. 

Going with Colleen was perfect...  plus I could listen to her sing along (cuz she has an amazing voice!) :) But we just connect on stuff like this, and it was awesome. 

How many times did I say amazing or awesome?!?! Just what I needed.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment